New Beginnings Covid-19 update:
In light of the new mandate from the County Commissioners we felt the need to post a quick update to and reminder of our Covid-19 guidelines at New Beginnings.
The mandate from the County that runs from 8/15/2020 to 9/15/2020 states: The County Commissioners with advice from the County Health Department Administrator are requiring all citizens to wear a face mask while out in the public if 6 feet social distancing cannot be maintained, and inside of all public buildings and businesses. This is being done in hopes of dropping the positive COVID-19 cases in Grant County.
We appreciate and affirm the work the commissioners are doing to ensure the safety of our community.
What that means for us.
New Beginnings does not technically fall into the classification of a public building or business. However, we believe that it is important to be sensitive to the current climate and work together to promote the safety and wellbeing of the whole community as well. Below we have reiterated the steps we are taking during this time.
- We welcome anyone to join our services with or without a face covering and call on everyone to walk in understanding of one another.
- Please work to maintain a safe social distance while attending services with others outside your normal interactions and family/communal relationships.
- In the Auditorium, please allow for adequate room between each family group or party.
- His Kids Ministry is not yet available. We invite children and families to join us in the Auditorium. Children are a gift from the Lord (Psalm 127:3), and we are glad for families to join us in the Auditorium.
- Before leaving home, we ask you to self-screen to confirm no signs of illness, paying particular attention during this season to symptoms associated with COVID-19. We ask that you do not come to in person services if you are experiencing the following symptoms: persistent cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fever, chills, shaking, body aches; headache or sore throat; and/or loss of taste or smell.
What to do if you test positive and have recently attended services at New Beginnings
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending a service, please notify the church office or one of our Pastors. Additionally, as a courtesy to others, please make an effort to notify all individuals you have had close contact with while attending the service. We ask that you not be part of in-person gatherings until you have been fever free (unmedicated) for 72 hours, symptoms have ceased, and at least one week has passed since the start of symptoms.
- If you discover that you have been in contact (less than six feet for more than 15 minutes) with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, self-quarantine, and do not attend in-person gatherings for 14 days from the date of exposure.